Why am I getting random bruises all over body?

Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: For the last few days i have been getting random bruises on my body mostly on my legs they are big dark bruises i went to the doctor and he said it was some kind of allergic reaction since seeing him i feel like i am coming down with the flu my body aches especially my rib cage area and hips im weak and tired could the bruises be connected to how im feeling?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 21 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
Bruises on the body could be due to a skin condition,allergic reactions or on some infections especially viral infections. If your doctor has examined you and ruled out skin conditions and infections then allergy will be most likely.But if you develop bodyache and fever then there may be infection involved here.You need to observe for a day or two of you are developing fever,in which case,some blood tests are necessary.Meanwhile,take paracetamol for the bodyache.