Why am I getting pain in torso radiating to the head?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in General Health
Question: I got a dull but pain in the right side of my torso that radiated up to the right of my head. It happened while I was in bed last night. It also happeend about 2 weeks ago. I remember very well that the exact same thing happened in the 1990's while I was driving my car. But then nothing until 2 weeks ago. It only lasts a few minutes then goes away. Do you have any idea what that could be?-
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
The sudden momentary pan on the right side of the torso radiating to the head can be due to a tension headache, electrolyte imbalance or dehydration. This is not likely to be associated with any serous disorder.
You can concentrate on having a healthy diet and do some mind and body relaxation exercises for relief. In case the episodes are recurrent then a physician evaluation is recommended.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.