Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Why am I getting mild prickly feeling in chest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 356 Questions
Some times i get a very mild prickly feeling in my chest on left side and some times on right side and then it goes away and comes back; no heaviness; able to climb stairs for 3 floors wo any problems; of course gas is there
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Aslam Lalani 33 minutes later

Thanks for the query. I went through the details in your query and my comments are as follows:

1. The pain you describe is not suggestive of a heart related pain. As you are able to climb stairs easily for 3 floors without any problems, it is almost certain that you do not have any heart related problem.

2. The pain you described also does not suggest a serious organic problem. As you have underlying IBS with reflux and gas related problem, I feel your present problem is more likely to be related to that. And it should settle down with a few lifestyle changes.

3. Some modifications I suggest to a 52 year male with underlying gas, reflux and ibs related problem are as follows:
- Take good quantity of fresh fruits, fresh XXXXXXX leafy vegetables
- Take whole grain food like brown bread, brown rice, whole wheat,
- Avoid saturated food item like fried food, ghee, butter, red meat, organ meat like liver, kidney and seafood like prawns, crabs, egg yellow if you are non-vegetarian.
- Avoid bakery foods, fried food, sweets, and ice cream.
- Take low fat dairy foods like skimmed milk, low fat yogurt, and low fat cheese.
- Regular walking ,
- Say Big NO to any addiction and avoid alcohol.
- Do not sleep immediately after food ,
- Avoid carbonated drinks ,
- Take proper sleep and rest.

You may consider consulting a gastroenterologist to evaluate your current ailment and prescribe other drugs if symptoms are troubling and persisting.

Hope this answers your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor