Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Why am I getting headache after wearing glass, hear clips or hair bands?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 706 Questions
Hello, I have a questions about my headaches.
Every time i have a metal object touching my head (i.e glasses, XXXXXXX pins, hair clips, head bands) I get headaches like 20 minutes later. This has been happening for some time. i first noticed this when i got my first pair of glasses (metal frames)in h.s 2003 (I'm in graduate school now) I couldn't wear them more than a couple of hours. As soon I would take take them off the headache would subdue immediately, same goes for any other metal object that comes in contact with my head. It doesn't matter what part of my head as long as its touching it. it doesn't work if I'm wearing metal earrings, or a hair clip that on the hair but not my scalp. So my question id why is this happening and what could i do about it?
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 45 minutes later

Thanks for posting this question.

Headache can be due to migraine, cluster headache, brain tumor, infection, vascular malformations and so on. Further, the presence or absence of certain symptoms can help us narrow down the diagnosis. These are the duration of headache, vomiting/nausea, redness of eyes, conjunctival tearing, weakness of hands/legs, and loss of consciousness and so on. Please provide the necessary information as to comment better.

With the limited information, I think you need to be examined by a consultant Neurologist.. His/her formal interview with you as well clinical examination will give us better idea about what exactly could be the cause of such headache. Further he will let you know if a brain scan is required to rule out secondary causes.

One good possibility is that you may have migraine which might get aggravated by the way you have described. So I urge you to get evaluated by a local neurologist

Hope this will help you. Please get back to me if you have further query.

Dr Gopal Krishna Dash
MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology), Post-doctoral fellowship (Epilepsy)
Consultant Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor