question-icon

Why am I feeling dizzy while rolling over in bed?

Posted on Tue, 28 Jan 2014
Question: Sometime I get dizzy when rolling over in bed. Or when leaning over or quickly moving my head. Why?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani (1 hour later)
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that you will need to consult an ENT specialist for this , your symptoms are suggestive that it could be BPPV , Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo , it can lead to dizzy feeling or a spinning sensation in people in particular position . You will need to be examined for that in person so I will advise to see an ENT specialist or a neurologist for this as considering your age other causes relating to nervous system like syncope etc also needs to be ruled out. Take care. Dr.Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist