Why am I feeling a slight flutter sensation in the breast?

Dr. Jasvinder Singh

Posted on Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in General Health
Question: Hello;
For the past two days I have been feeling a slight flutter sensation in the left breast between the 4-5 intercostal space which has been concerning me. I am a 49 year old female with no history of anything except two years ago went through menopause. My pulse is strong and regular and does not seem to be connected to the flutter. I have no chest pain, tightness or anything of the such. Do you have any idea of what it is and should I be concerned?

Thank you. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later
The abnormal flutter sensation in the left chest that you’re having can be due to several reasons. Firt and foremost, I’ll suggest you to get an ECG and a stress ECG done. A cardiac cause has to be ruled out in any abnormal sensation.
Please get a vitamin B12 and D3 levels assessed. The deficiency of these vitamins can result in abnormal sensations.
A local examination to rule out any lump of the breast or any skin lesion is also important. Sometimes herpes zoster can present with such abnormal sensations before the actual skin lesions develop.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.