Why am I experiencing vertigo, hand and feet numbness and ringing sound in the head?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 26 Jul 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am experiencing slight vertigo and slight numbing in my hands and feet and my head seems to be ringing/ Nothing seems acute or severre, just bothersome.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be nerve related cause.

Detailed Answer:
The symptoms that you have are suggestive of a neural ( nerve compression or nerve irritation related) cause. This can happen at the cervical vertebral level also. Abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body and a lack of vitamin B12 can also cause numbness and ringing.

Firstly, I’ll request you to get your blood sugar/HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) tested to rule out Diabetes mellitus. Also get your thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the symptoms improve.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal