Why am I experiencing pain in rib area?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: i have had a pain on the right flank in the rib area for almost a year ct scans etc. show nothing unusual pain some what constant but sometiemes it increases in intensity if you push on the ribs downward it increases the pain the pain runs down with in a few inches of the hip bone
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Such pain can be of neuromuscular origin or subsequent to an eruption of shingles if you had one, in these cases you do not have any finding on CT scan.
But CT scan practically rules out ant organic disease in chest like pneumonia, pleurisy, malignancy etc.
You should try local pain killer sprays. It does not seem much serious issue but pain should be controlled. There are good medicines which can be used for this purpose, your clinician would know a suitable match for you after examination.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!