Why am I experiencing pain in back and groin area after ejaculation?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Back Pain
Question: The last two times I've ejaculated, I've experienced a dull but significant groin and lower back pain. Ejaculation or voiding myself does not hurt. I am healthy, no back pain history, no meds, BP 125/80, 52yrs. The pain goes away after about a week, but returns within an hour of ejaculation. Recent PSE was May and was normal.
Doctor gave me Sulfa in case it was epididymitis, but no help.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 4 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
To me, it looks like inflammation in the prostate or seminal vesicles.
Things that would help are
1.     Urine culture to choose the right antibiotic. If urine culture is sterile, then semen culture may be needed. Ultrasound scan is needed to look for residual urine.
2.     Antibiotics for at least one month.
3.     Alpha blockers.
4.     Stool softeners.
5.     Regular sex or masturbation, once the pain settles a bit.
6.     To keep Blood pressure under control.
7.     Muscle relaxants.
Please discuss with your doctor about these issues, get tests done, take appropriate treatment and get well soon.
Hope this helps, kindly get back for doubts if any.

DR GS