Why am I experiencing lower abdominal pain during urination?

Dr. Rajiv goel

Urologist

Posted on Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi I am a 25 year old male that has a little pain in lower left abdominal area and going to the toilet more often then usual? The urine is normal colour and doesn't hurt when urinating
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 2 hours later
Dear Sir,

You certainly need to be investigated further. You need to get urine analysis and ultrasound KUB (Kidney , Ureter, Bladder) done. It could be an infection, stone or growth in the urinary tract. This can be confirmed only after a physical examination and investigations.

Till you get the investigations done and see a doctor, you should start yourself on cranberry juice. It shall provide you temporary relief.

Hope I have been able to guide you in the right direction. Let me know if you have any further queries.

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan