Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
177 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Why am I experiencing delay in my periods?

Answered by
Dr. S Patra

OB and GYN Specialist

Practicing since :2011

Answered : 4048 Questions

Posted on Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Getting Pregnant
Question: hi.... my period is regular (30 day cycle), and we r trying for pregnancy, this month i missed my period about 6 days, today i checked in the morning upt was negative. i m worried, i don't know what to do
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DO BLOOD TEST FOR BETA-hCG & REPEAT AFTER 1 WEEK. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us. The first thing, you need to undergo one blood test for beta-hCG to rule out pregnancy. It is more reliable in comparison to Home pregnancy test. On negative test, you should wait another one week before going to next level of investigations and REPEAT the test to rule out late conception. In absence of pregnancy, hormonal imbalance, mental stress, emotional upset irregular diet, over weight, pelvic infection etc can cause late or missed period. In that case, one pelvic ultrasound scan and hormone test will be worthwhile to rule out the underlying cause and confirm the diagnosis. You must consult with your local GYNECOLOGIST after ruling out pregnancy by blood test. You may require progesterone pill (like Norethisterone etc) to induce your period on repeated negative pregnancy test. Kindly, procure a complete prescription from your doctor. You should take healthy diet, drink more water, avoid mental stress, control body weight and maintain genital hygiene properly. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Drug/Medication ,  
Lab Tests

Recent questions on  Pelvic infection

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor hope u well. Just a question of curiosity me and my hhsband had intercourse on sunday my cycle normally is 25 days was 28 days but last...

doctor1 MD

i had a c section and a ablasion many years ago but i had unprotected sex about 2 weeks ago and i am throwing up and feeling like i am pregnant. I...

doctor1 MD

I had unprotected sex on june 9th. and again on june 12th with the same guy. We are both clear of std's, but I have been pregnant before with twins...

doctor1 MD

Yes im 20 years old and ive missed my period now for 7weeks. i dont know whats going on. I usually come on every 3rd week of the month. Last month...

doctor1 MD

I took a HPT that came out faint positive and i havent had a period this month but i have started spotting today. I have taken other HPT tht came...

doctor1 MD

I had unprotected intercourse with my boyfriend on May 18, '13 (May 10 - start of my period) which is may last day of regular menstruation. No...

doctor1 MD

at a recent ultrasound i was told i have a slightly enlarged uterus . i have jad ongoing right sided pelvic pain that seems to be worse when i...