Whom to consult when diagnosed with multiple health issues?
I know Hashimoto's is autoimmune, are any of the others? I have never been to an immunologist, I was referred to an endocrinologist and he confirmed that I do have Hashimoto's but until my TSH is low, he would not treat me. (He said my antibodies and the appearance of my thyroid are what confirm the Hashimoto's). What do immunologists do as far as testing, and what do they look for?
You should consult rheumatologist.
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
In my opinion, you should consult rheumatologist. Rheumatologist deals with auto immune diseases and other systemic diseases.
They are similar to immunologist doctor.
They will ask for blood reports like thyroid function test (TSH, Free T3 and free T4), ANA titer, ANA profile, CRP, ESR etc.
So better to consult immunologist (rheumatologist) and discuss your problems.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Whom to consult for hydrocele problem
- Whom to consult for dark circle
- Have degenerative scoliosis arthritis hip issues whom to consult
- Whom to consult for breathing problems
- Diagnosed with parathyroid tumor surgery suggested whom to consult
- Whom to consult for hypertension
- Have multiple health issues can i consult a doctor online
- Whom to consult for the problems in testis
- Diagnosed as heterozygous whom should i consult
- Whom should i consult when i have alzheimers