Whom to consult for spine injury, arthritis, diabetes and temporal arteritis?
Is there anything I can do about the injury to my spine caused by large doses of prednisone taken to treat the arteritis? Also fell 14 times in 2014 causing more pain.
See a Geriatrist!
HI and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about these disease conditions and the pain you have reported. Am surprised you are not on pain medications. Your conditions warrant pain medications and more so if you are in pain. The best doctor to see for holistic management of all these conditions including the falls is a geriatrist or rheumatologist. The pain the the spine would have been prevented by administering vitamin D and calcium alongside heavy doses of prednisolone. At this time, increased calcium and vitamin D intake will prevent further deterioration.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Temporal arteritis and accutane
- Temporal arteritis and pressurized aircraft
- Temporal arteritis methamphetamine
- Ear problems and temporal arteritis
- Temporal arteritis ear infection
- Nose bleeds with temporal arteritis
- Airplane temporal arteritis
- Temporal arteritis ears ringing
- Going on a plane with temporal arteritis
- Temporal arteritis gp notebook