Whom to consult for chronic stiff neck and shoulder pain?
get xray done; consult an orthopedician
Welcome to HCM.
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.
I understand your concern.
It is an orthopedic problem and can be treated by orthopedic doctor.
Chronic stiff neck and shoulder pain can be common now a days. It can be a problem of cervical spondylosis or a neck muscle sprain. Also frozen shoulder etc has to be ruled out. Spondylosis is common in people associated with prolonged engagement in computer works or IT jobs. I would suggest you the following-
You can get an Xray cervical spine AP and Lateral view done.
You can do static neck movements and shoulder range of motion movements.
You can give hot compression locally.
You can take analgesic and muscle relaxant combination tablets after prescription.
You can visit any orthopedic clinic/ orthopedic doctor for examination and further management.
Hope this was useful.
Consult me for any other queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for chronic stiff neck
- Shoulder pain stiff neck collar bone
- Symptoms of chronic stiff neck
- Chronic stiff neck causes
- Stiff neck and shoulder pain
- Drugs/medication for chronic stiff neck
- Diarrhea shoulder pain constipation stiff neck bad posture
- Reason for shoulder pain stiff neck tingling arms
- Diagnosis of chronic stiff neck
- Neck pain and shoulder pain
- Suggest treatment for bloating and flatulence
- What causes sudden increase in BP readings with history of heart attack?
- Does over dosage of Piopar cause leg lymphodoema?
- Suggest treatment for palpitations and anxiety related issues
- Is mineville patch helpful in dealing with breast tumor?
- What causes tremendous weight loss after taking Obimet Sr?
- What causes constant retrosternal chest pain lasting for few minutes?
- Does unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy?
- Does pain in the my left rib cage indicate rib fracture?
- How long do symptoms of prostatitis last?