Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

126 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Whom should I see for TMJ?

Answered by
Dr. Shailja Puri

Pathologist and Microbiologist

Practicing since :2006

Answered : 7202 Questions

Posted on Tue, 12 Feb 2013 in TMJ
Question: is it better to consult an M.D. or dentist for tmj? how much cost for treatment? low cost health insurance for college student
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 2 hours later
Hello and welcome to Health Care Magic

TMJ (Temporomandibular joint) problems are better dealt by a dentist.
So, it is advisable to consult a dentist. On first examination it will be decided by the dentist in which specialty you need to be referred.
Cost of the treatment depends on the problem and management done for it.

If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on