Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Whom should I consult for a soft tissue lump on my upper right clavicle?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
What type of md should I see for a soft tissue lump on my upper right clavicle
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 18 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

Soft tissue lump on the clavicle is most likely to be an enlarged lymph node. For this, a FNAB (fine needle aspiration biopsy) of the lymph nodes is the best test for diagnosis.

FNAB is aspiration of the material of the glands which is done by a fine gauge needle. This will confirm the diagnosis, as swollen neck glands are often caused by an infection, allergic reactions, rarely cancer or metabolic diseases.

Also an evaluation of the size, shape, consistency would help in giving a better picture.

You can consider visiting a General Surgeon for evaluation.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have follow up queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor