Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Who is best for private care for a person with spondylitis and degenerative back disease?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 170 Questions
Hi my partner has spondyolitis & degenerative back disease who is best for private care & what are the likely costs thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Atul Wankhede 17 hours later
Thanks for posting your question.

Sorry to hear your partners plight. In private care, it is best you visit a spine surgeon or an orthopaedician near you. The clinical examination will reveal if she needs conservative or intervention line of treatment.

The conservative line would include medications, activity modifications and physiotherapy. If it fails she might have to take intra-spinal steroids or laser therapy or surgery as last resort.

The cost would depend on her current condition and response to treatment chosen.
Hope this answers your query. If you need more help please get back to us, I'm available for follow up.
Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor