Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

156 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

White vaginal discharge. Suggest treatment

Answered by
Dr. Rakesh Karanwal

Internal Medicine Specialist

Practicing since :1980

Answered : 1357 Questions

Posted on Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Question: Sir,
my wife is suffering from white discharge continuously some time white thick or thin more then 2 years ,if hard work or walking more then 500 mtrs. My wife under treatment with many doctor in delhi,allahabad and srinagar,but not found satisfactory result. we are planning for IVF for second children but report is TB PCR positive in blood test.How many days requried for IVF after cure TB. Please advise me.
Thanking you

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get Smear analysis/culture of discharge done.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

you have not mentioned if the discharge is milky white or water colored; whether her gynecologist had ever asked for analysis and culture of the discharge to determine the culprit organism.

Milky white discharge is usually due to fungal infection, while watery discharge due to protozoal infection.

Consult your gynecologist and discuss my opinion with her/him. If the tests reveal fungi/protozoal infection, appropriate anti-fungal/anti-protozoal course for AN APPROPRIATE DURATION, will stop the discharge. May I mention here that, similar discharge can also occur in TB of uterus.

Further, a positive PCR TB test does not indicate an active tubercular disease. However, if the disease is indeed active and the reproductive system (uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries) is involved too, then, the status of the reproductive organs has to be evaluated (post-TB cure) to determine the extent of damage to interior of the uterus, fallopian tube and ovaries. If these (particularly, the interior of uterus) are normal, you can safely go in for IVF.

Fond Regards,

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Uterus

doctor1 MD

my ultra sound results read: the uterus is anteverted and measures 87*40*50mm. no myometrical mass seen. yhe endometrium is closed and of normal thickness (5.4)mm. there are no free fluid collection in the posterior cul de sac. there is a thin walled cyst with posterior enchancement seen on the right ovary and it measures (28*20)mm the urinary bladder is well distended with echo-free urine and has normal wall thickness (1.6)mm. gallbladder is not well distended. may you please help me interprete my ultra sound results. urinary results indicate PH 6.0 . protein and glucose are nill

doctor1 MD

I am a 58 year old women who has been in menopause for 4 years. I recently experienced bleeding that presented itself as A classic menstrual cycle including sore breasts. I was given an internal and internal ultra sound. I have been told that the lining of my uterus has thickened and that it sometimes happens but I have never heard of anyone post menopausal having this. Scheduled for ad & C next week but am afraid of cancer. I have been told 9 out of 10 times it is not cancerous. Thoughts

doctor1 MD

I have a pollip and lining of uterus thicker then normal, ive had no symptons to give me any concerns, my white blood cells are bit lower then the norm also is this connected, other then that i just get tired alot Is it possible that its nothing series, thankyou Franca

doctor1 MD

Hi am navatha, am 26 yeras old. Me and my husband both are planning to pragnancy from 1yr. but I have small pendunculated fibroid uterus with PCODs. Recently when am going to my gynecologist she reffer to me use Gestofit200mg sr. Is it usefull for pragnancy and how to use this tablet.please suggest me............

doctor1 MD

Why do I have pain in the bladder area and irritation in the vagina after sex it lasts for days. Iam 80 years old

doctor1 MD

What should be the normal cervical length during each stage of pregnancy?

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor, I have PCOD and prominent symptoms of it like facial hairs, lethargy , thinning of hair, irregular period with gaps of 2-3 months usually. I already have a kid of 10 years and my age is 38 years. I am quite heavy with 80 kgs weight as...