White spots on skin, no change inspite of medication.
Also, around 6 months back, white spots got developed on his skin and inspite of medication no change has been observed. Pl. help. Thanks
Thanks for the query.
I believe the more information a person gives the better is the doctor's reply, please do not mind in answering the following:
1. Does he have any scaly eruptions, pustules?
2. Does he have any oozing from the rashes?
3. Where are the white rashes present?
Red colored rashes can be due to various causes.
1. Atopic dermatitis (eczema)
2. Contact dermatitis (due to contact with a specific chemical)
4. Seborrheic dermatitis etc.
Since he is a fighter pilot even exposure to harsh sunlight can also cause rashes. He needs to undergo skin examination and take right treatment to prevent this.
For white colored spots fungal infections like tinea versicolor, a superficial yeast infection, leucoderma etc. can also be the cause.
Fungal infections can be seen during the summer months when humidity sky-rockets or when a person's immune system is weakened. Fungal infections respond to either topical or oral forms of treatment. Topical antifungal creams - containing selenium sulfide, ketoconazole, zinc-pyrithrone, imidazole, or other medications - applied directly to affected areas once or twice daily have proven effective. Physical examination and skin tests by a Dermatologist is required.
Meanwhile tell him follow the following remedies:
1. Avoid stress and try to relax
2. Do not use hard soaps while bathing
3. Avoid cosmetics like cream, powder and other triggering agents.
4. Increase iron deficiency by eating foods such has meat, liver, cereals, beans, lentils and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- White spots under the skin
- Hiv white spots on skin
- Small white spots on skin
- White spots on skin and vertigo
- White spots on skin no change inspite of medication
- White spots on skin spreading
- Terbinafine for white spots on skin
- White spots on skin bartonella
- Skin pigmentation white spots
- Drugs/medication for white spots