Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

White spots on foreskin, no itching, no pain, tight foreskin. Ointment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 988 Questions
Hi Doctor,
I am 32 years old male, 5 feet,6 inches tall, 73 kgs and healthy. I am married and have a 4 yr child. I've white spots at the tip of foreskin, which I've been seeing from last 2-3 years, no itching or pain, but it looks ugly when I see them and worries me a lot. Also, my foreskin is tighten a bit from before, is there any ointment that I can use to come out of these problems. Thanks
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 1 hour later

Thank you for posting the query,

It is very important to see the lesions clinically here .
But with history what you have submitted ,there seems to be two possibilities.
One which we very commonly come across is the de-pigmented(milky white) patch called VITILIGO.
The second thing is a condition which is not very commonly seen and can cause difficulty in retracting the foreskin and difficulty in urinating also.This is called as Balanitis xerotica obliterans (BXO) .This condition manifests as atrophic de-pigmented patch(white) involving the foreskin .

To differentiate between the two you may need to get a skin biopsy done or consult a competent dermatologist who can diagnose it clinically.

As far as treatment is concerned both would require topical steroid .This would also help in retraction of foreskin.

If diagnosed as BXO ,then you may need to go for circumcision,as medical therapy may not help much.

Treatment of vitiligo is also depressing when such areas areas involved.

So,I would advise you to consult a dermatologist who can guide you regarding the diagnosis and treatment best.

Hope I have answered your query.Should you have additional concerns regarding this issue I would be happy to address them.

Dr.Bharat chawda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor