Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

White spot on the penis, is freckle dangerous?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12641 Questions
Hi, I have a freckle on the inside on my foreskin. It's quite small around 1 cm in diameter. Just recently, a white spot inside has shown. What should I do?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.
Presence of freckle is a harmless finding and happens due to excessive pigment production by melanocytes. Appearance of a white spot on a freckle might be due to an infected or blocked gland. It may happen due to poor hygiene or use of Harsh soaps which has not been washed. Kindly don't worry as there is nothing that seems serious.
Application of 1 % Hydrocortisone cream to the penis might help reduce the lesion.
If the symptoms are not relieved in 7-10 days then you will have to consult your dermatologist for a detailed examination and further treatment.
Follow these lifestyle modifications:
1.) Maintain proper hygiene
2.) Avoid sexual contact with a stranger
3.) Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight
4.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables
5.) During bathing, retract the foreskin to adequately clean and dry the area.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: White spot on the penis, is freckle dangerous? 34 minutes later
This particular freckle has been present for at least 6 months. In this case, would seeking further attention be suitable?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 28 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Having a freckle for more than six months is not a serious condition. Freckles can remain as a pigmented area if not treated. Consulting a dermatologist will help in its proper treatment.
Wishing you an early recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor