Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

White spot on the iris area causing irritation, bloodshot look. Emergency?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1977
Answered : 1169 Questions
I have a white spot on my right eye in the iris area. My eye feels irritated and is slightly bloodshot. I wear disposable contact lenses. Can I wait a few days to see an ophthalmologist, or is this an emergency?
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 5 hours later
My dear,
thanksfor sending your query to us.
Do not wait.
Contact ophthalmologist immediately.
Do not wear contacts in the meanwhile.
Using contact lenses will irritate the lesion more and aggrevate the problem.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor