White spot on forehead left after injury stitches. Can it be treated?
Thank you for posting the query,
A white or a light colored spot after a injury or stitches is known as Post Inflammatory Hypo-pigmentation.
Usually such patches if not depigmented (milky white) goes off on its own with due course of time.A little sun exposure on daily basis should give it a normal skin color.
But if this doesn't help then,there are certain solutions which are photo-sensitive , and can be used to get pigmentation.These solutions can be applied on the spot followed by sun exposure .This helps to re-pigment the white patch.
These solutions are available as Methoxsalen Topical Solution .These needs to be diluted and used .I would advise you to consult a dermatologist for a proper prescription and follow up.Actually these solutions are used in cases having vitiligo,but can be used in other cases as well with caution.
You can even consult a plastic surgeon for any possibility of a skin grafting.
Hope I've answered your query.
Should you have additional concern regarding the same ,I would be happy to address it.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- White spots on forehead
- White spot after stitches are removed
- Swelling discoloration after foot injury tender white spot significance
- I have white spot on my face after stitches removal
- White spot after pus stitches are removed
- White spot on head after head injury
- White spots on babys forehead
- White spot after stitches
- White spots under stitches
- Stitches in lip white spots
- Mosquito bite red lumps, itchy, prurigo simplex, scabies
- Acne on face, foul odor, pustules, rashes on penis base, skin flaking,...
- Dark spots, glycolic peels, becker's nevus, laser treatment,...
- What should I do to overcome body odor and also smelling breasts? What...
- Stomach discomfort,outbursts on penis,itching,sensitive to touch,dark...
- Itching sensation under the skin around pacemaker. Is it a problem?
- What are the broken blister like things on the penis which look like red...
- Severe painful boils near buttock,stomach problem
- Non-healing sebaceous cyst on the temple area. Lab test found malignant...
- Had sex while infected in throat. Are itchy red spots on the penis signs...