White skin tag between anus and vagina, pregnant.

Dr. Deepak Anvekar

Posted on Tue, 29 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: im not real sure what it is but its a few of like white skin tag looking things between my anus and vigina i've noticed them every since i was pregnant like 4 months into my pregnancy.. i don't know what they are and its stressing me out.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 48 minutes later

Due to the lack of physical examination in the online portal, I would like to give you a few possible causes that can present in the form of skin tags.

The description of the skin tags indicate that you may be having one of the following conditions.

1. Acrochordons, or skin tags are benign (noncancerous) flesh-colored skin growths. They can occur anywhere on the body, but they most often occur in areas where there is skin folding, such as the neck and armpits and the perineal area. Skin tags are painless unless they are irritated (by clothing), and then they may become itchy or tender. While there is nothing that will prevent them from occurring, they are not contagious. If needed they can be removed by a simple office based procedure.

2. Condyloma acuminatum or genital warts which are an infection spread through skin-to-skin contact during sexual activity. The warts are caused by a virus called the human papillomavirus (HPV).
These Warts often go away on their own, but if they do not, they can be removed one by one by a doctor. Wart removal does not provide cure and recurrance is possible at any time.

For any condition to be treated, a proper diagnosis is essential, and for this a visual examination of the lesion would be helpful. Hence it would be very helpful to me, to guide you accordingly if you can provide me images illustrating your condition.

You can upload images of the lesions in the right side of the query box, which after going through would help me in suggesting you better.

You can also email it to me at YYYY@YYYY with the instruction ATTN: Dr. ANVEKAR in the subject line.

Please do confirm by writing here about the uploading of the photo as to suggest you at the earliest.

I would like to provide you with specific suggestions after going through the photo.

Waiting for your response.

Dr Anvekar.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T