Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

White patches on corner of mouth and stye on eyelid. Which doctor should I consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 661 Questions
A friend of has white patches on the corners of his mouth, he has diagnosed himself as having caught something from a former girlfriend. He also has a stye like formation on his eyelid, that sometimes fills up, and other times it just looks like a very painful zit. What kind of doctor should I tell him to see?
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 32 minutes later
welcome to XXXXXXX

The stye is an eyelid infection and it can either be drained or excised by an ophthalmologist. however the white patches on the corner of his mouth can be angular stomatitis often resulting from worm infestation or gastric problems. For such problem he can visit medical specialist.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: White patches on corner of mouth and stye on eyelid. Which doctor should I consult? 1 hour later
General Practice, dermatologist, infectious diesease? Which doctor, are there any steroid creams that will help this, such as anything for seborr. dermatitus?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 9 hours later
Thanks for the reply

General physician is the best initial option for check up

You can use hydrocortisone topical ointment if you suspect it is dermatitis but dermatitis causes symptoms like itch and burning sensation. It is recommended to visit the doctor for detailed check up

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor