Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

White cyst like bumps on scrotum and penis, white cheese like substance oozes when squeezed. No pain. Health risk?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
I get a lot of white cyst like bumps on my scrotum and even on the skin of my penis. Some of them I am able to squeeze and a white cheese like substance comes out. I've had them or years. I'm 21 now and probably saw the first one when I was 13 or 14. They aren't painful, but I really don't like them. Are they a health risk? Is there a way to get rid of them? Thanks.
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi dear,

The skin cyst you are describing are most probably sebaceous cyst.

They are due to retention of sebum due to blockage of excretory duct.

They are benign and do not cause any problems.

They will not cause any pain problem or health risk.
Only their presence is felt.

They can be removed with Rf cautery or excised surgically if you want them to be removed .

If you need any further clarification do let me know.



Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: White cyst like bumps on scrotum and penis, white cheese like substance oozes when squeezed. No pain. Health risk? 31 minutes later
So does that mean the only way to remove them is to see a dermatologist? Or is there a home removal technique?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Hi again,

You should see a dermatologist for the treatment .There is no safe home treatment for removal.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor