Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Which surgeon should I consult for torn ligaments?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1041 Questions
I need to know which surgeon is best at shoulder surgeries to repair torn ligaments:
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Arthroscipic surgeeon. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. You must go to surgeon who can arthroscopically repair your torn ligament of shoulder joint. As shoulder joint is very complex joint it can be examined and repaired satisfactorily only by arthroscope. Arthroscopic surgery can be done with only minimal incision which gives cosmetically better scar. Patient can also be allowed to move his shoulder joint with a week or so with physiotherapy. But for your age i.e 70 years, it is not advised to do surgical procedure on ligaments of shoulder joint as ligaments usually get fragile if age > 60 yrs and get torn during repair. So surgery is not that eventful as compared to young people. For your age group we advise physiotherapy. I hope you have gotten your answer Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor