Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Which specialist should I consult regarding penis problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
I would like to know whom should i contact regrading penis problems

Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX      
You need focused history on ability to get nocturnal erections, sexual desire and so on.
Also, physical examination is a must not only for the private organs but general physical examination as well to check for evidence of male hormone deficiency.
Male hormone is produced in the testes and that affects the male primary and secondary sexual characteristics. Testes size can be rarely affected by hernia surgery.
After the examination, if need be, hormonal evaluation may be necessary depending on the findings on physical examination.
You need to get in touch with Urologist/endocrinologist.
Hope I answered your query.
Kindly get back for doubts if any,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Which specialist should I consult regarding penis problem? 22 hours later
Thanks for answering the question.

I setup an appointment with a urologist. Should i ask him to do a physical examination of my private organs.

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 4 hours later

Welcome back.
Physical examination is part of the CHECK up.
If due to some reason, physical examination is not done, you can always request him to do so.
take care,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor