Which specialist should I consult for polyps in gall bladder?
First get CT scan or EUS
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in HCM. I am Dr.Amit Jain (DM, Gastroenterologist).
For better delineation of polyp character Endoscopic ultrasound(EUS) and CT scan are the best modalities.
Most of the Gallbladder polyps are asymptomatic. Usually polyp less than 1cm size is to be followed with every 6 monthly ultrasound to see any increase in size
Management of the Gallbladder polyp is cholecystectomy.
The cholecystectomy should only be undertaken in cases where there are clinical signs of gallbladder polyps, polyps more than 1cm in size, fast-growing polyps, patient aged over 50, concurrent gallstones, polyps of the gallbladder in fundibulum or abnormal gallbladder wall.
So I will suggest you to get EUS or CT scan for defining the polyp character. Then according to character as I have mentioned above management is to be done
I hope I have answered your query. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Wish you a good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Gall bladder polyp homoeopathic medicine
- 4mm polyp in gall bladder
- Precancerous polyps on gall bladder
- Which specialist should i consult for gall bladder stones
- Gall bladder polyp 8mm
- Gall bladder polyps removal
- Gall bladder polyp disappears
- Hematuria and gall bladder polyps
- Tiny hyperechoic polyp gall bladder
- Pre cancerous polyps in gall bladder
- Ultrasound showing Liver Cirrhosis. Endoscopy showed duodenal ulcers....
- Able to lead life with prolapsed rectum. Could I postpone the surgery?
- Had gastroendoscopy. Report states polyp in proximal third of esophagus...
- Blood work shows elevated ALT levels. What does it indicate?
- What could be the reason for bloating after eating?
- What does echogenic debris in a liver cyst mean?
- Facing weight loss, loss of appetite, stomach pain and constipation....
- Taking probiotics for nausea and constipation. Having dark loose stools....
- Prescribed with rabeprazole for stomach hernia and gastritis. What are...
- Child swallowed tooth. What could be done?