Which specialist should I consult for back pain?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Back Pain
Question: I have a backpain. which specialist can i contact to?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 50 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
Your first doctor should be a Physician for almost any health problem.
Most of the problems would get resolved with least complications by the Internist.
If he finds it necessary then he may ask you to consult a an Orthopedician or a Neurosurgeon both of which have a common interest in such problems.
This is the gold standard sequence in the western world.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Follow up: Dr. Ram Choudhary 39 minutes later
Thank you so much for your reply Dr.Choudary. I will contact a Physician immediately. Are there any physical excercises that i can follow for such kind of problems? If yes, please suggest some.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
The back pain subside by 6 months in 80-90% cases.
There are multiple exercises your Physician/orthopedician would demonstrate to you.
Putting a pillow under thighs while lying supine for 3-4 hours during night would also be very beneficial.
You can take simple over the counter medicines like Myospaz/ ultracet etc.
Wish you a great health!