Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

161 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Which specialist should I consult for back pain?

Answered by
Dr. Ram Choudhary

Internal Medicine Specialist

Practicing since :2001

Answered : 2272 Questions

Posted on Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Back Pain
Question: I have a backpain. which specialist can i contact to?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 50 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
Your first doctor should be a Physician for almost any health problem.
Most of the problems would get resolved with least complications by the Internist.
If he finds it necessary then he may ask you to consult a an Orthopedician or a Neurosurgeon both of which have a common interest in such problems.
This is the gold standard sequence in the western world.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Ram Choudhary 39 minutes later
Thank you so much for your reply Dr.Choudary. I will contact a Physician immediately. Are there any physical excercises that i can follow for such kind of problems? If yes, please suggest some.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
The back pain subside by 6 months in 80-90% cases.
There are multiple exercises your Physician/orthopedician would demonstrate to you.
Putting a pillow under thighs while lying supine for 3-4 hours during night would also be very beneficial.
You can take simple over the counter medicines like Myospaz/ ultracet etc.
Wish you a great health!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

Recent questions on  Ultracet

doctor1 MD

good morning sir, sir my father was suffering for kidney parenchymal disease so he was problem with pains of both legs,chest pain ,blood test result are urea-69 mg%,creatinine-2.8mg%,uric acid-8.4& rbs-78mg%,Hb%-9.4 urine routine test is normal o he was suffers big problem he was medcines taken ultracet,folic acid tab,nodon tab,etc.... sir but he was taken medcine but not cure what is problem plz details me sir,

doctor1 MD

Im 30yrs old married woman . Due to some issues in my marriage i ended up getting severe anxiety attack resulting in a seizure with numbness in hands and legs for more than 30mins. later on my strength resumed but i started severe headache in right side of the brain. i used Ultracet and eliwel tablets thrice daily for my headaches for 4days. this treatment has decreased my headaches but again due to issues in family again i had the same anxiety attack resulted in often headaches now. can someone explain are these headaches leading to something wrong in my brain do i need to get treatment or wait for my issue to settle on its own... please answer..

doctor1 MD

My Husband has severe cough for a month and he has been diagonised as alergic bronchitis and lower respiratory tract infection. The frequency of cough has decreased but whenever he coughs he complains of severe chest pain and muscle pull with is unbearable. he is taking the below mentioned medicines

Zocef500 morning and night

Odimont.LC night

esos 40R morning and night

Deriphiline 150 morning and night

Ultracet morning, afternoon and night

He was admitted to S J Hospital and was given nebulization, Zocef injections for antibody and multivitamine drips with glucose.He is also taking Combitide inhaler to reduce cough.

His Report says


haemoglobin - 14.9gm/d1

Total Count - 13,200 cells/Cumm. (4000 - 10000 cells/Cumm.)

Differential Counts :

everythings under range except Eosinophils - 13%

A E C 1720 Cells/ Cumm (40-440 Cells/ Cumm)

E S R - 20mm/hr ( male - 0 - 9 mm/hr)

we have consulted 4 doctors the cought is still not reduced nor the pain. Please help.

doctor1 MD

My wife (23) is suffering from acute pain on her left side of the head. The pain is such that she feels that her ear, jaw and nose has become numb. The extreme pain last for 30-40 min. Usually she takes ultracet , one of the physician has...

doctor1 MD

Sometimes I feel a sensation/slight pain on the right side under my breast bone. It s a fleeting sensation/ pain that lasts maybe a second and then is gone. I m wondering if it s a muscular soreness or I m just wondering if it could be possibly a...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, I had a heavy anxiety due to nausea caused by acute gastritis last monht. From that time my mouth area started giving a dull pain. I checked with Oral surgeon and did an xray .Doctor told me that there is no problem related to teeth or mouth. He gave me a pain killer first i started with Myospaz then Ultracet then Tramodal.Nothing is working.I have a dull pain once i wake up till i sleep. Only when i m talking or eating i am not able to feel. When i sit infront of computer or tv it gives the mild pain. I am really worried of what it could be .Please help me what it could be.

doctor1 MD

My mom is 92 and has one kidney . Shes having really bad back pain and nerve pain down leg and groin area. She has high blood pressure . Also a fib ( usually controlled) .She has been taking Ultracet ( 37.5 mg Tramadol plus 375 Tylenol) and they...