Which reports are to be reviewed to understand a heart patients condition?

Dr. Priyank Mody

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 27 Apr 2016 in General Health
Question: I had asked previous questions, you said to upload angiography if I could.
Answered by Dr. Priyank Mody 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
CAG reports is not available, the papers mention the procedure not the res

Detailed Answer:
Hello ,
Thank you for writing back . I went through all the reports you have sent .
I would help you review them all .
1) There is a report called carotid doppler . Here they see the condition of arteries to the brain . It's important to have it done before bypass as there are higher chances of stroke if they are diseased during the bypass procedure. For your father it's withen NORMAL limits and can be controlled with medicine.
2) The status of saphaneous veins , which are re going to used in bypass , it's normal too.
3) Echo cardiography report .
Generally this gives us an fair idea for LV aneurysm, however there is a no mention about the same in the reports. It has been reported as normal LV cavity with good systolic function
Rider * they have mentioned that the views were not clear and so they cannot comment 100 %
4) The rest are angiography notes , however they have mentioned how the procedure was done and not what are the results.
I presume there will be another paper for CAG mentioning the finding which may have formed the basis of taking the decision for bypass surgery.
However preliminary finding till now of all papers sent doesn't mention LV aneurysm either in perfusion MRI or Echo.
Hoping I could help .
Regards Dr Priyank Mody

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad