Which prescription drug will test positive for Amphetamines and Methamphetamine?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hello, I wondered what medication would cause me to test positive for amphetamines and methamphetamines
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
See below!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this disturbing thought you have. There are several drugs that can cause you to test positive which include amphetamines, phenylephrine present in several drugs to treat cold and congested nostrils, some antipsychotic medications, etc. If you had a false positive result, please submit the list of your drugs to me for review. This way, I will identify which possible agent is responsible for this finding.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 13 hours later
Is desoxym still prescribed for ADHD and what is the usual dosage and direction.
Also would this be the reason for a false positive drug screening for amphetemines and methamphetimines

Also what symptoms would a patient have for a doctor to prescribe desoxym
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Desoxyn is still being prescribed!

Detailed Answer:

Yes this drug is still being prescribed fro ADHD. It will for sure sure positive of amphetamines.

If the diagnosis of ADHD is made, then the doctor will prescribe this drug. Symptoms of ADHD include repeated inability to sit still and complete task as well as lack of concentration.

I wish you well.