Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Which over the counter topical cream can I apply for phimosis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1 Question
what topical application can I acquire from a pharmacy for phimosis?
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 hour later
Brief Answer: OTC topical cream (antibiotic+cortisonic)... Detailed Answer: Hi, Phimosis is the narrowing of the opening of the foreskin leading to no retraction. The main ingredients of topical cream for phymosis are corticosteroids. They cannot be used for long time. So, the final solution for phymosis is circumcision. Until you schedule the consultation with urologist, I suggest to: - keep your organ clean - try to open the opening of the foreskin - can apply saline (with a use of syring) to wash and clean the inside parts - apply otc topical cream containing antibiotic + cortisone (I usually prescribe a combination of gentamycin + hydrocortisone) Hope it answered to your inquiry! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have! If you are satisfied with my answer, please close this thread and rate my answer. Thank you! Dr.Bardha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor