Which of Retilift, Yugard and Opexa is an effective medicine for acne scars?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Please direct my question to Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX from XXXXXXX as we had discussion earlier so it will be helpful.

Hello Sir,

Hope you are doing good

My search is still on and after reading through few forums , i am yet here again to ask about certain medicines. Would be very helpful if you could let me know which will be the best and effective among these for acne scar upliftment even though have asked about 2 earlier but still i wanted to put them here together

Retilift, Yugard, Opexa, Retino A , Mederma
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Opexa gel is safe and effective.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I hope this mail finds you in good health and wealth.

I have diligently gone through your query and noted your concern.

Amongst the various applications you have mentioned the most effective and safe would be Opexa gel. It contains Ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate and dimeticone both of which helps in renewing the skin and scar modulation. Though the exact effect in acne scars has not been very much appreciated but I have personally found this gel to be effective and safe in my patients of acne scars.

The rest of applications contains Tretinoin or other contents which can irritate the normal skin. So I suggest you to not to use any of the other applications except Opexa.

Use opexa gel at night time and only pea size amount of cream is sufficient for palm size area of face.

I hope this helps.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD Dermatology

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad