Which milk is best for a one year old infant?
Breast milk is the best option.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Mother's breast milk is the best milk to be given to a child of one year age. It has to be given along with semisolids. Gradually the amount of semi solids (hand mashed) needs to be increased to eventually replace milk altogether. At this stage milk is just an optional dietary principle provided that the nutrients are procured from the other dietary principles.
Formula milk is actually cow milk based
I am sorry that I did not assume that you had asked something of which you already knew the answer. Cow milk is not comparable to human milk and might be difficult to digest. Most formula milks are cow milk based and contain a few nutritional principles added and removed to make it more like human milk. In that case it is slightly better than mere cow milk. About best, its neither.
Nutritionally they are similar. However, the source of nutrition in a child of one year should primarily be solid or semi solid food and not milk. Milk primarily acts as a source of Vitamin D and calcium, both of which can be procured from other sources.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- My 2 year old got old milk
- Nido milk for 2 years old
- Which infants formula milk is good dexolac or lactogen
- Signs of milk allergy in 1 year old
- My one year old is throwing up milk
- Milk spots in two year old
- Milk spots on a fourteen year old
- Milk supplement for a 35 years old baby
- Cow or buffalo milk for 1 year old babies
- Nestle fresh milk for 1 year old