Which medicine should we give for cough in a kidney transplant patient?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 20 Jul 2018 in Kidney Conditions
Question: I am a kidney transplant patient one year w/new kidney. I have a chronic cough, scratchy throat, stuffy head. I don't know what medication is causing this. I am also taking Amlodipine aspirin 81 cyclosporine folic acid mycophenolic acid prednisone and venoflaxin
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 33 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to consult qualified Chest Physician .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .
Based on the facts that you have posted you have undergone Kidney transplant and been taking immunosupressants and anti hypertensive medications and have been getting chronic cough ,The chronic cough is not due any of the medicines that you are taking .

You need to consult qualified Chest Physician to find out the cause for chronic cough ,He may suggest to get few investigations like
1) X-Ray Chest
2) Sputum examination and culture
3) C.T Scan of chest (If required )

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana