Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Which medicine should I take for ear pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 1975 Questions
Hi Doctor,

For the past two days I'm seeing the pain in my right ear due to wax may be. Please help me with the medicine I can go for.

Posted Sun, 17 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 5 hours later
Hi...welcome to health care magic

I have gone through your query regarding your ear pain for last two days as you have said this might be because of wax.

You haven’t mentioned about any other associated problems like impairment of hearing, itching & etc which might be helpful for making the right diagnosis.

But here I believe your suspicion for wax in ear may give rise to pain so you may use any wax softener drops along with broad spectrum antibiotics and analgesics.

It will be better to mention if you have any other associated problems or any history of ear cleaning prior to your ear aches etc.

With regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Which medicine should I take for ear pain? 3 hours later
Hi Sir,

After the bath I'm seeing the pain on the right ear when I tried cleaning my right ear
using ear buds. I also get pain on the right ears when taking food.

Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 22 hours later

Welcome again for re consulting.

After considering your symptoms for earache which developed after taking bath and as you started cleaning your ear by ear bud.This put myself in suspicion that your ear pain which you also have during taking food might be due to-

(1) Otomycosis- Means fungal infection in ear.

(2) Wax with otitis externa.

You are having one of the above disease these can be differentiated only by clinical examination by ENT doctor, this way after confirmation of diagnosis one can treat, secondarily in both above conditions before inst ling ear drop ear cleaning is must, which can be done safely by ENT doctors only. Keeping these things in mind you should contact your ENT doctor for proper management.

With Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Which medicine should I take for ear pain? 5 hours later
Thanks a lot sir..
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 1 hour later

Please accept my sincere thanks for your confidence and satisfaction.

With Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor