Which is the best way to reduce weight? Gym or Aerobics?

Dr. Sudhir

Posted on Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Exercise
Question: Hi doctor,
Which is the best way to reduce weight? Gym or Aerobics? If i stop exercising will i put on more weight?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 10 minutes later

Actually, combination of both Gym and aerobics would be ideal. If you want to do only one or cannot do both for some reason, then I would vote in favor of aerobics.

Exercises enhance your calorie consumption and improve your metabolic rate, so suddenly stopping exercises might lead to storage of these calories and one might gain weight after that.

Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to ask if there are doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan