Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Which is best treatment for hair transplant?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 345 Questions
which is best treatment for hair transplant if hairs are lost
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 3 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

If the hair is lost we call it alopecia.

Alopecia is of many types. The most common alopecia in middle aged males us male pattern baldness.

This is more of genetic origin.

The treatment for it is difficult and has to be continued life long.

There are different treatment options like minoxidil lotion, oral finasteride, mesotherapy etc.

Hair transplant is used as last resort when all other treatments fail and when the hair loss is extensive.

Hair transplant is not very effective in all cases. Its expensive too. The hair follicle from the back of the head is transplanted on the bald area because male pattern baldness doesn't affect the hair on the back of the head.

You will need to visit a hair transplant expert for the same.

Please let me know if I can address any other queries that you may have.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor