Which dry cough medicine is safe to be taken with Depakote?

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Which dry cough medicine is safe to take with depakote? Is it also safe to take augmentin antibiotic with depakote?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No interactions found

Detailed Answer:
Brief Answer:
Can be taken

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

I have gone through the interaction profile between the two drugs. There are no known interactions between Depakote and Augmentin

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me

I wish you good health and a speedy recovery

Follow up: Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 37 minutes later
Can aerius be taken with depakote ?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for getting back to me

Tab Aerius is an anti histaminic drug. I have gone through the interaction profile between the two drugs. There are no known interactions between Depakote and Aerius, however most anti histaminics will cause mild sedation when taken along with Depakote.

I hope I was of help