Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Which doctor should I consult for hypothyroidism?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 2130 Questions
Hello Doctor, My mother was diagnosed with thyroid for last one year ago. She has been on medication since then . She is still complaining off dizziness and acute weakness and her weight is increasing , she has lot off pain in her legs too. Can you please suggest a good reliable doctor in Gwalior (M.P.) Also will you advise some tests or medicines .
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 46 minutes later
Thanks for query,

She is suffering from hypothyroidism ,a condition in which thyroid gland functions are disturbed and thyroids works less than required .In this condition patient gains weight ,legs also become very heavy.Signs & symptoms like dizziness ,weakness do occur.As legs are heavy ,they also start paining.Infertility also occur in women .

Disease is more common in women.She needs complete thyroid profile including TSH,T3 and T4 .As she is already on treatment for hypothyroidism ,dose adjustment may help. Help of endocrinologist in managing her problem will yield better result.

Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction. Wish you speedy complete recovery at the earliest.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor