Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Which doctor should I consult for breathlessness, eye infection and fast heart beat?

Jan 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1658 Questions
I am suffering from breathlessness since 4 years now.
I am getting too tired which is interfering with my daily activities.
Also having persistent eye infection since 2 years.My Dr has done blood tests, xray chest, xray pns waterview ,t3, t4, TSH, VIT D, B12.He has started calcimax forte, 2B12 tablets and Supradyn.There has been no relief.I am gettin too fatigued.At times in the night my heart starts beating really fast..My eyes get red and painful, There is discharge coming out the whole day.The Opthalmologist said it is because of dust and dandruff, But after putting drops for so long, My eyes have not got better.
Is all this because of acid reflux?If yes what type of Dr should i go to and what tests should be done.My GP says he'l have to put me on antidepressants. But I'm Not depressed, Just get exhausted really fast.
Pls guide me Dr. Appreciate it. ThankYou.
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let men know the associated symptoms along with breathlessness.
Do you have cough with sputum/ chest heaviness?
At what time breathlessness is severe? whether whole day or at night times.
Have you undergone spirometry/ pulmonary function test previously?

With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of allergy induced bronchial asthma and eye irritation.
Feeling tires , fatigue and fast heart rate may also be due t decreased oxygenation of blood due to respiratory disturbances.

Although few of your symptoms such as feeling tired and fast heart rate could be due to some sort of anxiety component, but breathlessness and red eye can't be a depressive symptoms and every effort should be made to find the cause.

Bronchial asthma can be diagnosed by clinical examination and spirometry.
At times, silent asthma is persisting and all relevant clinical examination and investigations are normal, this condition is called as "Cough Variant Asthma".

Although acid reflux may cause persistent cough but never causes redness of eyes.

You should consult with your treating doctor or XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ chest physician and should go for thorough check up.
You have already undergone a chain of investigations and all are found to be normal.
You should also go for endoscopy under guidance of gastroenterologist/ XXXXXXX medicine specialist.
As such Supradyn , Calcimax forte and B12 supplement won't help your conditions.

You should take Levocetrizine + Montelukast, Proton pump inhibitors along with prokinetics, zileuton and bronchodilators containing B2 agonist and anticholinergics on written prescription.
You should also take low dose steroid, benzanotate along with codeine sulphate from your local doctor.

You can ask direct query on this URL:

Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Which doctor should I consult for breathlessness, eye infection and fast heart beat? 16 hours later
Well cough is no longer there.It lasted for 5 months almost when it was there.I had to stop going for my classes cause i use to cough nonstop.But now I have no cough.Breathlessness is there the whole day even without doing any activity. I will be doing PFT tommorrow.I will let u know about the reports. Thankyou for your help.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Still your complaint s suggests possibility of bronchial asthma and you must go for PFT.
All the best.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Which doctor should I consult for breathlessness, eye infection and fast heart beat? 2 days later
My PFT reports are normal. I also did serum electrolytes and urine tests. They were also normal.But I'm having a lot of exhaustion, which my Dr says is due to anxiety.But I'm having breathless and fatigue since a long time now( 3 to 4 yrs). I'm tensed that something is wrong with me and should be identified soon otherwise it could get worse.It is also affecting my studies, cause I get tired really fast.Pls do advise me if any more tests are needed or do I need 2 visit some specialist? I want to be rest assured that there is no problem.Could it be because of lack of exercise? Or is it Psychological as my Dr says? Cause my mom died 3 yrs back and she was in coma for a while, which left me a little shattered, cause it hurt me to see her suffer so much.Waiting for your reply.Thank You for your guidance.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 31 minutes later
You should take Tiomate inhaler for relief of your breathlessness.
With all normal investigation, possibility of any serious illness appears to be low.
You can take Stalopam Plus for coming one month and see the improvement.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor