Which antidepressant is least likely to cause weight gain?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Mental Health
Question: is there any anti depressant that can help lose weight not gain
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

There are two antidepressants that I would suggest. The first is venlafaxine, which does not cause weight gain. The second is bupropion, which can actually contribute to weight loss. The other antidepressants contribute to small (less than 5 pounds) weight gain.

Please remember to rate and close this answer when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private link below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T