Where is laryngeal inlet located?
The laryngeal inlet is the opening or entrance to the larynx (voice box). The laryngeal inlet connect the pharynx (throat) to the larynx.
Above the level of the larynx, the pharynx is shared by both the digestive tract and the respiratory tract. But then it branches into the esophagus - which leads to the stomach, and the trachea - which leads to the lungs. The epiglottis closes over the larynx so that food coming down from the throat does not enter the lower respiratory tract.
I hope this information answers your question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Where is the ulnar nerve located
- Where are stress headaches located
- Where are gas pains located
- Where is the epididymis located
- Where is the tailbone located
- Where is my abdomen located
- Where is the supraspinatus tendon located
- Where exactly is the hymen located is it
- Diagram where costochondritis is located
- Where is the widowmaker located heart