Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Where does one feel pain due to staphylococcus aureus?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1290 Questions
Thank you very much! Where does one usually feel pain when infected with staphylococcus aureus? In abdomen?
Posted Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
its very rare

Detailed Answer:

Staphylococcus aureus usually cause infection in the skin and respiratory tract. Very rarely does it affect abdominal organ.

In the abdomen, staph infection is generally limited to urinary bladder or the seminal vesicles. very rarely in the abdomen. These can cause lower abdominal pain.

Please clarify the area of staph infection and we can discuss further.

Hope i have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Where does one feel pain due to staphylococcus aureus? 49 minutes later
Thank you. Well, I don't know if I have a Staph infection, but I am trying to narrow down the causes of my pain. Seminal Vescilitis makes sense, but I have pain in the left lower quadrant as well. (probably separate).
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
needs clinical examination

Detailed Answer:

Seminal vesiculitis may cause pain in left lower abdomen. But this is unlikely to be diagnosed by ultrasound abdomen as these organs will be deep inside pelvis.

I perform a per rectal digital examination and order transrectal ultrasound to confirm the diagnosis. Your local doctor will know about the tests.

Hope I answered your query.

Dr Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor