Where does one feel pain due to staphylococcus aureus?

Dr. Ashish Verma

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Thank you very much! Where does one usually feel pain when infected with staphylococcus aureus? In abdomen?
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
its very rare

Detailed Answer:

Staphylococcus aureus usually cause infection in the skin and respiratory tract. Very rarely does it affect abdominal organ.

In the abdomen, staph infection is generally limited to urinary bladder or the seminal vesicles. very rarely in the abdomen. These can cause lower abdominal pain.

Please clarify the area of staph infection and we can discuss further.

Hope i have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Ashish Verma 49 minutes later
Thank you. Well, I don't know if I have a Staph infection, but I am trying to narrow down the causes of my pain. Seminal Vescilitis makes sense, but I have pain in the left lower quadrant as well. (probably separate).
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
needs clinical examination

Detailed Answer:

Seminal vesiculitis may cause pain in left lower abdomen. But this is unlikely to be diagnosed by ultrasound abdomen as these organs will be deep inside pelvis.

I perform a per rectal digital examination and order transrectal ultrasound to confirm the diagnosis. Your local doctor will know about the tests.

Hope I answered your query.

Dr Ashish Verma