Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Where can I get ritalin medicine?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1981
Answered : 922 Questions
I am new to town and am waiting on an appointment with a general practitioner. I have been on ritalin for several months now (I'm 33 with adult ADD), and it has been helping a lot. My question is where would be the best place to go for a one month prescription untill my appt. with a new doctor? I will not do anything illegal or order from another country!
Posted Tue, 23 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in Cardiology.
I read your question with diligence. If you are new in town from another town in the US, then It is not difficult. Though availability of Ritalin even with pharmacies fluctuates (because the newer drugs with similar effects are preferred Adderall and Adderall XR). Once, the pharmacist agrees to give it please give details (name, place and phone number) of the previous doctor who was supervising your prescriptions. The pharmacist will confirm it on his/her own level even get a fax/email from the previous doctor and once satisfied will supply the drug. If you have moved from some other country then you will have to contact your previous doctor and he/she can help the pharmacist to complete the statutory requirements. If you think that this is taking too long, for the interim you can go to ER and if the physician there is convinced about your need you will get the prescription. I hope I have been able to answer your question. If not you are welcome to ask a followup describe the bottleneck. Please do not go by online supply the drug is likely to dubious quality. Good Luck.
With best wishes.
Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor