• question-icon

When will menstruation resume post intake of Regesterone?

Posted on Mon, 30 May 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hi, I am.38 years old,taking thyronorm of 75 mg. My period is regular and I am on anti anxiety pill for almost 2-3 years now. My period due date is on 14 the march. Had an unprotected vsex on 10th march and started taking regestrone 5 mg from 13th march till 15th march. When will I get my oeriods!
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most likely within a week.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting HCM about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.

Usually periods occurs within a week after stopping Regesterone.

But can you please tell me why did you have Regesterone pill ? (Is it just because of unprotected sex or for some other reason) ?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN