question-icon

When will menstruation resume after discontinuing Sandoz?

Posted on Thu, 26 Nov 2015
Question: Hi, My due was on 17th October, My cycle is for 24-26 days . There was a function till 24th October, I took Sandoz tablets from 18th to 24th October, 1 tablet each day. Till how many more days period is postponed? I still have not got, do I need to consult a doctor, please advise!
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma (7 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Withdrawal bleeding occurs within 7-10 days of stopping the drug

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Sandoz is norethisterone and one is expected to get the withdrawal periods within 7-10 days of stopping it.
If you have still not got your periods, then I will suggest you to get a urine pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy.
If negative, then you can wait for another one week for the periods to come.
Hope you found the answer helpful. Please do get back for further queries.
Dr Deepti Verma
Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine