When should injections for SI joints be taken?

Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis

Posted on Thu, 2 Aug 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: how long can i get injections into my si joint every 6months? could i get these for life if they help?
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it is possible

Detailed Answer:

the injections can be repeated when needed but not more than 2-3 times per year. You've got to take into account that they've not proved adequate efficacy as a long-term treatment option (although you can ignore this if they work for you). One thing to consider is what you risk when given these injections. The potential side effects include the following: increased blood sugar, increased infection risk after the procedure, weight gain, local infection, bleeding, a low risk of acquiring nerve damage and temporary (usually) leg weakness.

You'd better leave the treatment decisions to your doctor. Your doctor will consider your response to the treatments you've tried so far and their potential risks and decide accordingly...

I hope you find my comments helpful!
Kind regards!