When is it safe for wisdom teeth to be removed?

Dr. Neha Sumra

Dentist

Posted on Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Dental Health
Question: How do I know when my wisdom teeth should be removed?
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 2 days later
Brief Answer: If its causing any pain or swelling get it removed Detailed Answer: Hi thanks for writing in. In most of the cases wisdom teeth erupt with difficulty. Indications for wisdom teeth removal are:- - If its partially erupted & causing pain - If there is swelling & food lodgment in that area - If its impacted & causing damage to adjacent tooth - If you require orthodontic treatment - If there is deep caries in that tooth & it cant be saved by root canal treatment In case there is no such problem in your wisdom tooth then need not get it extracted. Maintain good oral hygiene. Visit your dentist for regular dental check up. Hope i answered your query Wishing you good health Regards Dr. Neha Sumra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E